Show HN: Meal planning – without the mental load https://ift.tt/vamZAE3

Show HN: Meal planning – without the mental load TLDR; I applied the concept of "don't make me think" to the task of selecting meals, and assembling the shopping list for your grocery run. The basic idea for what I wanted is very simple: Rather than making a shopping list, I wanted to create a re-usable 'meal', with a list of ingredients I'd need to add to my shopping list to make that meal. Then, after selecting meals for the week I'd have a quick 'check' step, where I'm prompted to check the cupboard for each ingredient, before it's added to the shopping list (ie: I'll need ground beef to make tacos, but I already HAVE ground beef in the freezer). I originally built this out just for myself, but the result has been such a helpful and stress-free experience that I thought others might appreciate it as well. I think this tool could be well-suited for younger folks that are new to the labour of meal-planning. College students, newlyweds, and families with young children. You can try it out without needing to register or provide any personal information, and I'd love your feedback! https://supperstock.ca/ May 28, 2024 at 12:34AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coalition government deal in Pakistan leaves Imran Khan’s party out of power - CNN