Show HN: I made an open source and local translation app https://ift.tt/51pbh3i

Show HN: I made an open source and local translation app A few years ago, right after high school, I decided to try to make a simultaneous translation app for Android as a side project, it took longer than expected (about 2 years) and I had to make a lot of compromises (I had to use Google's API and therefore make users use a developer key because at the time there were no free solutions for speech recognition and translation that had good quality). At the end of university, I decided to pick it up again and finally, using OpenAi's Whisper for speech recognition and Meta's NLLB for translation (with both running locally on the phone), I managed to make it free and totally open-source (as it was meant to be from the beginning). The app is still in beta, so I would love your feedback. https://ift.tt/d9FrEvI June 19, 2024 at 02:56AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coalition government deal in Pakistan leaves Imran Khan’s party out of power - CNN