Show HN: Preprocessor I've been working 4 years now https://ift.tt/OnbS1Ak

Show HN: Preprocessor I've been working 4 years now Hey there, I'm here today to share with you a software I've been working on for 4 years now. I'm not full time dedicated to it, as I need to make a living. My inspiration to develop it came when I started using Sass for real in production. I really appreciated the hierarchy of nesting rules instead of the way CSS vanilla used to do. The obvious nesting rules was easy to read and understand just by looking at. That was something I personally admirated very much. I wondered why there was no HTML preprocessors as revolutionary as there is for CSS and JavaScript. All popular preprocessors for HTML have one thing in common. All replace the angle brackets by something else (usually identation) and then add some functionalities on top of it. If the symbols for markups are a problem to the experience of developing a visual structure, just replacing it for something else doesn't fix the problem. You are just changing the character of marcation for another. With that in mind, I started Pretty Markup. Not just replacing the clutter of angle brackets by something else, but removing it completely. Very much inspired by Sass. No special characters needed, except by the quotes. The project still in its early stage, but its already useable. I reached a point where it has a stable base to work. Now, I'm plannig the layer of features that will make it usefull and revolutionary as Sass and TypeScript. Its important to note that I didn't started directly in Pretty Markup. I had a previous package called htmlpp-com-github-mopires. Yes, terrible name, but it was a start. Later a decided to make it more professional and with a friendly name. You can give it a shot by having NodeJS and installing it with: npm install pretty-markup I created a syntax hightlighter for VS Code to attract more devs to it. You can use it by searching "pretty markup" on the extensions tab. Now, it's the first one. The next step will be a package to create a basic starter project. Something like the good old create-react-app. Any feedback, suggestion or even a contribution about anything is very welcome. Thank you very much for your attention, Matheus PS: The package available in runkit is very old(and I don't know how to update it there), I do not recommend you to test there. https://ift.tt/P3OCFbz July 23, 2024 at 10:44PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coalition government deal in Pakistan leaves Imran Khan’s party out of power - CNN